If you’re in Chicago on Saturday, January 23 at 11 a.m. you should stop by the Swap-O-Rama-Rama Chicago Volunteer Meeting! I will be talking all about this amazing annual event and getting to know all the awesome crafters and craft-enablers who show up! We need your help!
- Sewers – Take a shift assisting SORR participants at a sewing machine station.
- Silkscreen Artists/Helpers – Submit artwork for the screens and/or assist participants at a silkscreen station.
- Workshop Leaders – Teach a craft or technique to participants.
- Musicians and D.J.s – Play a set or 2 to keep the energy high and creative juices flowing throughout the weekend.
- General Helpers – Assist before and during the event with everything from putting up posters in your neighborhood to sorting clothing at the event.
- Designers – Show off your 1st Hand designs using 2nd Hand materials in our Inspiration Fashion Show! Get your designs on a runway and win fabulous prizes!
All volunteers receive a free pass to SORR Chicago!
Sat, Jan 23 @ 11 am
(We’ll be meeting in a classroom in the storefront directly
across the street from the Main Office)
What is Swap-O-Rama-Rama?
Swap-O-Rama-Rama is a clothing swap and series of do-it-yourself workshops in which a community explores creative reuse through the recycling of used clothing. At SORR Chicago 2010, we’ll also have an amazing inspiration fashion show, live music, a screening of indie-craft documentary Handmade Nation, and more! Swap-IL.com
Swap-O-Rama-Rama Chicago 2010
Chicago Waldorf School
1300 W Loyola, Chicago
All proceeds from SORR Chicago 2010 will benefit the following non-profits: Three Sisters Folk Arts School, Chicago Waldorf School & Swap-O-Rama-Rama (National Organization). Swap-O-Rama-Rama is licensed by a creative commons license. To learn more about past swaps or swaps in other cities, please visit swaporamarama.org. We’d like to thank our sponsors, Yudu and Studio Chicago.